Authored by Wei Luo, COO and Head of Product
In early May, we publicly launched our company, DeepMap. Over the past few months, a lot has happened in the world of autonomous vehicles.
A few examples:
- Ford named Jim Hackett as its new CEO. Hackett stated his intent to renew Ford’s focus on innovation, “especially regarding autonomous vehicles and mobility services.”
- Lyft announced its self-driving car division, citing the “inevitability of autonomous driving.”
- Waymo announced its Early Rider Program, through which people can sign up for free rides in certain areas of Arizona.
- Federal legislation to regulate self-driving cars in the US was introduced.
The fast pace at which the autonomous vehicle (AV) market is moving underscores the importance of DeepMap’s mission: to build the world’s best HD maps to make autonomous cars safe.
As the industry accelerates, so does DeepMap. I’d like to share some updates with you:
- DeepMap now has active customers and partners across three continents.
- Dozens of leaders in the AV space have taken rides in our demo cars, experiencing firsthand the performance, robustness and accuracy of the DeepMap solution.
- We’ve moved to larger offices in Palo Alto to accommodate our quickly growing team.
- In July, we were honored to be recognized on Business Insider’s list of the top startups launched in 2017.
As we’ve said before, we believe HD maps need to be made by self-driving cars, for self-driving cars. “Your Data, Your Map” is the new paradigm that creates a virtuous cycle of map creation and updates. Self-driving cars are map creators and map consumers simultaneously.
This is the mission that we at DeepMap eat, breathe and sleep 24x7. Our entire team, from our stellar engineers to our hard-working interns, are laser focused on this mission.
If you’d like to partner with us or join us, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.